1.05.2009

Project 365-Week 1

My most favorite scrapbook mag http://www.creatingkeepsakes.com/ had this great idea for a year long project-take a picture a day. What a way to truly document your life! They also have a great kit to scrapbook these pics, but it is currently sold out...you can visit the creator's blog, http://www.beckyhiggins.com/ to see more about the idea. So here is the start of my Project 365.


Thursday, Jan 1st
We awoke to the New Year with a new mess! We celebrated the night before (around 10pm, you know, when New York celebrates...) with a couple of streamer-popper-things. The girls loved them and begged me not to clean up until the morning so they could play in them again!
**********
Friday, Jan 2nd
Ah, the organizing of Christmas toys has begun. I was finally able to get shelves for the kids' playroom closet (aka, the front room coat closet).
**********
Saturday, Jan 3rd
And yes, FINALLY, we purchased a shelving unit for the workroom (aka, the junk/dump room). I installed the hang track myself, although I should not have been so stubborn and should have let Joey help me. It seemed easy enough, but securing it too the wall was very awkward...but it's up and I LOVE it! I can finally get my scrapbook stuff put up and hopefully this will aid me in my January goal of cleaning out and organizing this room. I only wish I could have painted the room beforehand....

6 happy thoughts:

Laine said...

what a fun idea!

Koenig Family Blog said...

That is a great idea! I am LOVING your kid's toy closet organization and your scrapbooking stuff! Someday I hope to have a place to have my scrapbook stuff out instead of tucked away in a closet that I have to pull out everytime I want to do anything :) Keep the pics coming!

MK said...

Oh my gosh, you are WAY too organized. I am so in need of your assisstance. Yes, keep posting pictures like that. Maybe I will get inspired.

Amparo said...

Umm, can you come to my house and organize it? Wow, you are amazing!!

Kathy and Ryan said...

I Love it!! I thought about doing the 365 project, so I'm glad to see how you start it out so I can get some ideas. :) And yes, I agree with everyone above...please some organize my house too!

Our Family Happenings said...

That is very neat! I probably would never to remember to take a picture every day, but I love all the organizing! I love to organize. I wish I was more organized, but I have to say, I don't get a lot of help with that kind of thing. That is one of my goals this year too...get more organized, but I think I will always feel that way!