12.30.2008

goals

Well, it's that time of the year again. Time to think about goals and resolutions and the such. Well, I've been thinking about mine and once again, they seem to be along the same lines as last year. And the year before. And the year before that.... Seems to me that I make a goal, start out well, but as the year slowly fades into well, February, the goals are already put on the back burner. (And I'm one of "those" people who can't exercise (or whatever it may be) the rest of the week if I miss Monday.) So I've decided to try things a little different this year. 21 days to make a habit (2 to break it), okay, I'm aiming for it! I am going to make monthly goals. I'm going to start out small. Easy ones. Ones I should be doing in the first place. And as the next month nears, evaluate how things are going. And slowly work my way into my ultimate goals, which, ultimately are how I want to live my life. Of course I may throw in some "single" goals like, read a book, organize a room, whatever, but for the most part, my goals reflect what I want my life to be like. How I want to live. I want to be more spiritually in tune. I want to be healthy. I want to spend more quality time with my kids, be a better mom and wife. I want to be more organized. I want to be on top of our finances and prepared for the future. I want to be better. (Come on, who doesn't? Who thinks, Dang, I wish I didn't read the scriptures so much. I wish I didn't work out all the time. I wish I wasn't such a good person?) Anyhow, writing this down is the first step (posting for all to see should be another step, right?). Step two (or three, depending on how you look at it), follow through. Every month. If I screw up, I can start over. And I don't feel like I have to wait until "next year" to try again.

2 happy thoughts:

Kim said...

Whoa! Those are my exact same goals. I'm not even kidding, every single one looks like it came right off my list. Good idea about taking it one month at a time. I will try to do the same.

Emily said...

Can I just copy your goals so I don't have to spend the time...he he. You know I would never reach them if I don't even have the motivation to come up with them myself.

Looks like a fun Christmas!