12.09.2008

pink to purple

The girls have a room, finally!

In our last home, I went all girly with the girls' room. Pink. And I mean pink. I found a really cute pink and brown butterfly crib bedding set and just went off of that. It worked out great and I loved it! (Well, as much as I can love pink, but I thought, hey, I might not ever get to do all pink again, you never know with girls....) I was able to purchase blankets and sheets separately, and since Marryn was sleeping on the toddler bed (with a crib mattress...), everything coordinated.



Well, for Christmas, Grandpa Dave (Joey's Dad) purchased the girls twin beds! So I have finally been able to put the girls' room together. I had purchased the duvet covers and shams (loved the "cool" colors) off of eBay really cheap (they're PB Teen) before we moved in hopes that we'd get some twin beds. Well, after moving and using up every extra dollar we had on other stuff, we realized that wasn't going to happen. Then Dave asked what the girls needed for Christmas. Well, they really needed some beds (we were alternating between a crib, toddler bed and queen bed). So I got to work, searching out beds. I originally wanted white beds and some day a white dresser (the dresser actually goes with the crib), but I just couldn't find what I wanted. I looked at bunk beds (that would separate into two beds for now-yes, I'm a paranoid mother...) but they just weren't "right." Then I came across these beds. The perfect design! I wanted a simple, platform like bed - no box spring, no dust ruffle. And then as I thought about it, the dark espresso looked better with the bedding and because of space issues (the room is really really small, only about 10x9.5 feet), the tall dresser would have to stay in their room. So these were it! And oh, do I love them! The room is a little tight, but they only sleep there, so not a huge deal. The girls love them too. Reganne looks so tiny, but hasn't fallen off once. Marryn has. But not while sleeping. The bed by the window is hers, but the past few nights the bed was pushed away from the window (waiting to get a child lock for the window-that paranoid mother in me again-and also needed a vent reflector-the bed sits over the vent). So one night she hopped up on the bed and leaned a little too far back and flipped right off. She cried. I laughed.... The room could still use some finishing touches, but that will just have to wait. (But I don't think I'll paint it. The "antique white" matches great!) For now the girls have their own beds in their own room. Marryn even made a sign, all on her own, for the door. (It's her standard "family" picture. Christian is laying down (next to her name), Reganne has the curly hair, as do I, Marryn has straight hair and Dad is the one with big ears (?).)

6 happy thoughts:

christy said...

i have to say that i love those beds too. they are great and the color is awesome!

MK said...

That is so cute! I love both rooms actually. The new one looks so grown up too. You are so good, wanna come help me? We are in the bed dilema right now with a new baby on the way...do we get another crib or put Cody in a big boy bed before I am ready for that? So much to think about.

Oh, and I am such a paranoid mother too...Gary makes fun of me all the time.

Kim said...

Very cute.

Megan said...

Cute. So grown up but super cute. ~M

Tamara said...

oh, they are all grown up! You are so funny! Ethan has been in a twin since he was 20 months and has only falled out once, and now my boys are in...bunk beds! :) They both have rails...and hey, I fell out of my top bunk onto lego's (ouch) but every kid needs that experience, right? just kidding!! Love your design style!

The King Family said...

You decorate so cute, I love it! You are just talented at everything, aren't you?