11.22.2008

byu football vs byu ballet

So Marryn had a couple of fun outings lately.

Last weekend she and Dad went to the Air Force vs BYU game. She enjoyed her special time with dad, but within minutes of sitting down, asked for her markers and little notebook and proceed to draw the entire time. And as the game went on, she said to dad, "This is taking so freakin' long!" She did love the special "shows" the Air Force does; the parachuters jumping out of the plane and the fly over of the three LOUD jets all before the game and then the Falcon bird show at half time.

And then Thursday Marryn and I had a special little outing, the BYU Ballet came to town! She was in absolute heaven! From the minute she woke up that morning, she had her dress, tights, shoes and purse all picked out and ready to go. She LOVED it! After each act, she'd get the biggest smile and clap really "loud". And during the intermission, she practiced her ballet moves in the aisle. When the show started back up, she started dancing with them (with them, next to her seat...). Oh, how I wish I could have taken a picture, of Marryn and not the performers! (No pictures were allowed.) They even had a Sleeping Beauty Act, for Princess Aurora is her favorite. (I had never been to a ballet, and I really enjoyed it too. The Swan Lake Act was my favorite.)

Needless to say, in the event of Football vs Ballet, there is a clear winner. In fact, it isn't even close!
But as for me (Joey and I went to the Air Force vs CSU game the weekend before), there would not be a winner...more like a tie...;)

2 happy thoughts:

Our Family Happenings said...

That is very cute! I am glad that you guys have a fun time at the ballet...definitely a girl thing! It is fun that she got to go on two dates. Hope you guys are doing well.

Kim said...

She is so cute!!! I am still cracking up at her comment about the game being "freaking long". That is so funny! What a cutie! I love that you guys went to the ballet. Awesome memories!