7.02.2008

baby update #2

No baby yet, thankfully....

Had my 38 week appointment on Monday. Nothing new, nothing has changed. Going to wait another week and then probably schedule an inducement (hopefully for that Friday night/Saturday-easier on Joe's work schedule...) if he doesn't come before then. And based on my past, he won't.

Although we thought he might be coming last Saturday. That early afternoon I started having ALOT of contractions, although very irregular. Now, as any mother of 2nd, 3rd, 4th, etc babies will tell you, from about 3-4 months on, you get contractions. So having contractions, even strong ones was nothing new, but I was having alot of them. And in addition, I was also having tons of pressure in my pelvic bone. So I literally sat and watched TV all afternoon because it hurt to walk around. By that evening, the pressure was lifting and I got up to do some stuff (I figured if I prepared for the baby, he wouldn't come...). And just like that, the contractions eased up quite a bit. A sure sign it wasn't labor. On a sad note, Joey panicked and had his mom drive down from Loveland (she arrived around midnight) just in case. I told him to wait until the morning to see how I felt, but he was too worried. She then had to turn around and drive back the next day.

We really didn't want the baby to come on Sunday, or even near that date. It was our anniversary. What fun would that be, for any of us! And then we really don't want his birthday to be near 4th of July either...who wants to share a birthday with a holiday? Funny though, Reganne was due on Halloween. We felt the same about her too. Who wants their birthday overshadowed by another event? Sure everyone is celebrating and having parties, but it's not for you....

6 happy thoughts:

Michel Realty News said...

Thanks for the update. Yes, I thought for sure I would have Jasmine early. Contractions are so tricky at the end. It seems like just when you are excited and start planning, they go away. Good luck with everything. I agree about the birthday thing...hopefully he will wait until after the 4th!

Kim said...

You crack me up! You can't put it off forever :) We want to see him! Love you!

Kim said...

sorry, I'm the comment deleter! I put that I love your new background, but then I decided that I would just call you and tell you rather then leave a comment that had nothing to do with your post. I didn't know it would post that in bold letters. FYI for next time!

Megan said...

Enjoy these last few days. I just remember thinking when is this going to be over instead of enjoying this little life I was carrying. I hope you guys are enjoying the Springs. Keep us updated on baby... Megan

Megan said...

One more thing, I know sharing your birthday with a holiday would be hard but come on, fireworks every year, that's my kind of birthday. Besides the 4th isn't a gift giving holiday so you wouldn't get a holiday/birthday combo present (ie. christmas) Mine is right around pioneer day and in Utah there was always a parade. I kinda liked thinking it was for me... Megan

Koenig Family Blog said...

Kelsey,
Hey! What adorable girls you have! I can't believe how close in age our kids are! Congrats on your baby, I hope he comes soon! Are you going to name him Hudson? It wasn't popular when we named him, but I am hearing about more and more the older he get gets ;)