11.03.2009

a sick update

I guess I better post an update on the kids, before everyone really starts to worry that we've been swept away by the swine or something...;)

After my last post, I decided to take Reganne in. She was very excited about it and it perked her right up. Must be the sticker she knows she'll get at the end. And other than the vomiting and little bit of diarrhea, she was fine. Doctor did prescribe some medicine to help her keep stuff down. And it worked great. Didn't get sick again until the next morning...and then we just gave her another dose and she was good to go.

Christian started throwing up that next day, but just a couple times. And it was so sad. I think it wore him out just a little bit more. But like Reganne, he was fine otherwise. We put off a weekend trip to see my parents (who were visiting my brothers on the Western Slope) because we weren't sure how things were going to continue, but no one else got sick.

So the week continued on. Wednesday was Reganne's birthday (more to come) and Marryn's school was cancelled that day, despite having hardly a flurry until that afternoon (???) and Thursday (with a little bit of snow on the ground-we were not hit like "they" said we would be) and then Friday came along and so did a fever in Marryn. So she stayed home from school. No other problems, just a fever that was easy to bring down with some Tylenol. Saturday, same thing. Sunday-good to go. But then, yes, Reganne had a fever...and Monday too...but today is doing fine.

Now, as for me.

I. Got. Sick. (And after I bragged about how I never get sick...)

With a cold.

And it totally knocked me out.

Halloween, I could hardly get out of bed. Didn't even take any pictures of the kids. But don't worry, Grandma Jean was here and not only did she take care of everyone, she took some pictures:) Sunday I managed to stake claim on the couch and eat dinner, but that was about it. I'm better now. Just have a normal cold now, you know, cough, stuffy nose, that kind of stuff. But no fever or chills or body aches. Man, I have never had a cold like that before. Friday night when my chest was just burning, I thought, I better visit the Urgent Care in the morning, but I after a "you'll-feel-better-after-a-shower" shower, I was so wiped out that I never made it. But I got better, so no big deal.


But then I'm sad to say, Grandma Jean left us yesterday...with the start of a cold...


Yes, I am so sorry that she's sick, but I am SO grateful that she was here.

5 happy thoughts:

rachwheel said...

Sounds like H1N1 to me. Everyone reacts differently. But it comes with fevers, regular cough and cold, sometimes vomiting and diarreah. My kids all reacted a little differently. Ginnie got the cough and diarrhea first, Hyrum got fever and sneezing first, then only threw up once. Ang had diarrhea for five days and a fever, runny nose and cough soon followed. And Ginnie was last with the fever.
Not fuN! That's not just a regular cold you had. You all had the flu...some sort of flu virus whether it was H1N1, I don't know.
I didn't get sick. Still crossing my fingers because they all have a little bit of coughs left. But to run it's entire course through our family, it's taken since the thirteenth of October. Pretty sure they haven't been contagious since about a week ago.

Kim said...

eeeks!!! Sounds terrible! I'm no expert, but it sounds like more than just a cold and random vomiting that went around your house. If it was the swine your lucky it wasn't worse (although it sounds like you guys were pretty bad). What a rotten week, especially with Reganne's birthday and halloween being last week. I'm so sorry. I hope you guys get it all out of your system because we are going to have some fun over Thanksgiving!!!! (providing the baby comes BEFORE Thanksgiving!)
Glad everyone is perking back up...poor Jean.

Ashli Dardenne said...

I'm so sorry you were not feeling well. I'm glad you are better now.

Jennifer said...

Yikes! That stinks you've been ill. I wondered what happened since I messaged you on facebook and didn't hear from you. Hope you are feeling better:)

Emily said...

That is so crappy! Are you all feeling better by now?