7.08.2009

seven years lucky

June 29th, 2009. Our 7th wedding anniversary.

Courtesy of Jean, for the tickets and watching the munchkins, we attended the Mormon Tabernacle Choir concert at Red Rocks Amphitheatre.

Way cool.

And the best part, besides seeing my dear friend Mickie:), after some mediocre applause when announcing the governors for both Colorado and Wyoming, it was announced that The President of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints was within our mists. There seemed to be a quiet gasp/hush as whisperings spread through the crowd and then there he stood, our dear Prophet, giving out some cute air punches. Everyone was on their feet cheering. It was great.

The concert itself was wonderful. The place, incredible. It was a great night.

6 happy thoughts:

Tamara said...

Did you go with Chandra? I'm so jealous! Congrats on 7 years!

Jennifer said...

Congrats on 7 years!! Sounds like you had a good time and got to do something that you enjoyed and getting to be mixed in with the Pres very cool!!
Happy Anniversary!!!

Emily said...

I saw you there! Sneaking down taking pics :) You were too far away for me to yell. Happy 7 years.

Amparo said...

I was totally there with Emily. But I did not see you and she did not say she saw you. It would have been nice an actual conversation in person instead of blogspot. But that's ok. Glad you had fun and it was a beautiful concert.

MK said...

Has it been 7 years already? I remember your reception like it was yesterday. Gary and I newly engaged planning our own wedding and I was so nervous about seeing Lexie at your reception.

I am so sad...we totally forgot about the concert. All year we had been planning for it and then totally forgot when it got close.

Kim said...

Good job with the arrow and putting the words on the picture. I knew you would figure it out.