10.30.2008

reganne turns two

Reganne turned two on Tuesday October 28th. Yippee! She was pretty excited about it. Since Marryn just had her birthday, Reganne kinda knew what was going on and ever since Marryn's birthday, every commercial for a toy was "Mom, can I get that for my next birthday?" and it wasn't long before Reganne was piping up "For my birthday?" (although birthday sounded more like "earthday").



Talking to Grandma Jean (in Christian's swing)

And can we say Dora? Dora Dora Dora the Explorer. Yes, that was the theme of the day. I am not real big on Dora, but I am trying not to put aside my daughter's likes for mine, so for the day I embraced the cartoon figure. Dora balloons, Dora plates, Dora wrapping paper and yes, Dora themed presents. (You know, toothbrush, band aids, underwear, puzzles, books...)


And her "big present", a dress up My Little Pony set. One from us and one from Grandma Georgia and Papa. Grandma Jean got her a Dora game set and Pj's (the one she's smelling...?) and Grandpa Dave sent good old cash for her savings. Marryn's special present was a Pony and Christian's was a pair of Sketchers. No picture for him though, he was sleeping after a fun filled dinner at Red Robin.



And just before her bedtime, I finally finished her cake. I made, from scratch, a carrot cake with homemade cream cheese frosting. That part turned out great. The fondant part didn't. Half the colors in the package I bought were as hard as a rock so instead of bright "Dora" colors, I ended up with pink and purple...more like "Princess" colors. And I was in such a hurry to finish it, that it wasn't real smooth.... Reganne didn't care though. She devoured the frosting part. Her and Marryn both, leaving the cake behind....


And finally, her 2 year checkup. 80th for length (35 inch) and 45th for weight (26 lb, 12 oz). Pretty much what her percentiles have been in the past. I just hope they continue that way, tall and thin....


6 happy thoughts:

G'Ma Jean said...

Well Kelsey, all I can say is that your blog is the next best thing to being there in person!! Your photos and comments make me feel like a real part of the celebration! I can just hear Reganne getting so excited over Dora and Deagio.......the cake sounds yummy. As always, thanks for sharing........hugs and kisses for all. G'Ma Jean

Tamara said...

cute! I love her curls! Can our kids be turning 2 already!? LOVE the cake. NO way can I do that kind of icing! Good job!

Rhitzclan said...

Can we say BEAUTIFUL? So much fun! And she looks just like you. I'm impressed with the cake. Did you buy the fondant? It looks awesome!

Megan said...

I can not believe that she is 2 already. She is just the cutest little thing, always has been. I personally don't "love" DORA either but SHE is a celebrity in our house. Myles actually calls his little friend with dark hair and eyes Dora... makes sense. Oh, and holy stack of presents. Can you adopt me? HAPPY BIRTHDAY REGANNE!

Our Family Happenings said...

She is getting so big! What a cutie. Maybe you should be a professional cake decorator...it looks great!

The King Family said...

She is getting so big! It is fun to watch her grow up. AND, I love the cake. You are so talented. I want to learn how to make a cake like that. So cute.