8.25.2007

crab and shrimp

I bought these 2 shirts at Old Navy (on clearance!) earlier this spring.
So fitting...

Marryn is such a moody girl at times. One minute happy and smiling, the next, in tears. Like today, she spilt a small container of tortilla chips while trying to climb onto a chair. END OF THE WORLD! After I showed her how she could pick them back up, she was good as new. She has been getting better. I try my best (as much as my patience will allow) to explain how things "bad" happen (and "good" things don't) and it's alright, and normal, all the while trying to sympathize with her as well. It's a tough task. I mean, how many times can I allow her to change her shirt when she spills water on it? (I've tried to explain that water will dry and water is how we clean clothes, but that's another story....) Maybe she's been watching too much Angelina Ballerina, now that is a moody mouse!
Reganne too is finding her place in the world, and unfortunately, it's not easy. She just wants what Marryn has. Or what Marryn can get. Or what Marryn just took away from her.... (I guess that goes for what Joey {the remote-as he just now complained to me} and I and anyone else has as well.) I watched her today get up so tall on her tiny little tippee toes, reaching so hard for a container of Marryn's paint brushes. Just out of her reach. Oh, was she ever frustrated! Over and over, we find her doing that, reaching for ANYTHING she can get a hold of. And when she succeeds, what a happy baby! I hope this doesn't become her lot in life, always wanting what her big sister has, and always being just a bit too small...

1 happy thoughts:

G'Ma Jean said...

I just want to squeeze and kiss!!