7.13.2009

sweet birthday boy



One year old.
I can't believe how fast July 12th came along.
We had a little family party for him complete with a good ol' chocolate cake. That was a mess. He then opened a few presents. His favorite, probably his new basketball. Although the baseball came in a close second. Tied with the balloons;)
This little boy just lights up my world. He's a pro at crawling. Figured out the stairs the other night, just happened to be walking by and found him 4 stairs up, and LOVES to get into the plants. He's finally drinking somewhat from a sippy cup. His sisters still adore him as he does them. And his favorite toy? Balls! He's starting to cruise along the furniture, so it won't be long before he's really wrecking havoc on us all. I'm learning quite quickly that our home is not childproof. He has a few signs; more, eat, milk, ball and night-night. And he's got those most important sounds down too, ma, da, and ba (as in ball...;) He's become quite the chow hound interested to see if he's pulled himself out of the bottom of the percentiles. Loves his bananas, blueberries and cheese. Yes cheese-guess he really is my kid;)




And the girls finally got their tea set. The tea set I was saving as a surprise but had to tell Marryn about a few weeks ago to avoid an all out meltdown when I wouldn't buy her one at the store... We use it for pretend hot chocolate;)




On a last side note. I've pretty much lost all 50+ pounds this last year. I say almost because the scale says so, but not all my clothes do...

9 happy thoughts:

Katielin317 said...

Happy Birthday sweet little boy!! And good for you on the weight thing!! Kai is 9.5 months old and I've definitely still got at least 10 pounds to go...

Megan said...

WHAT! How is it even possible that a whole year has gone by? He is just the sweetest. I love love love the picture of him with his sisters. What a contrast. Them in their dresses and sitting pretty and him in a baseball cap. Love it. And by the way, You are seriously awesome. 50 pounds is quite a feat! Way to go!

Laura said...

Awww - happy birthday!!! Great photos and congrats on the weight loss!

MK said...

Happy Birthday little dude! You and Cody would be great friends. He loves basketball too. At the Aquarium, he didn't care about the sea lion, he just got really excited that the sea lion was playing with a Nuggets basketball.

Kim said...

Happy Birthday Christian. He's such cutie! Sounds like a good party. Congrats on the weight loss! Inspires me, too bad I'm putting weight ON! only 18 more weeks....

G'Ma Jean said...

Love, Love, and Love! Teasures...........

G'Ma Jean said...

of course I meant TREASURES..........:-)

Kathy and Ryan said...

I absolutely LOVE the last picture of you and Christian. You both just look so beautiful!

The King Family said...

He grew up way too fast, I can't believe it. What a cute lil' guy. I bet the girls just love him to pieces. AND, good effort on losing your weight. I am so proud of you.