11.19.2010

a favorite find

Ever used this Shur-Line paint tray before?
No?
Okay then.  Continue on.


Everyone (okay, everyone on HGTV) always says, 
"Paint, it's the cheapest improvement you can make to your house."
Well, it may be the cheapest, but for me, it's still not cheap.  
Sure, I like to spent more on the Sherwin Williams Harmony paint, but that's not what this blog post is about...
One of the added expenses for me is a new paint tray.
I know, I know, if I just clean it out I can reuse it blah, blah, blah.  But I don't know about you, but I HATE cleaning out the paint tray.  It's such a mess and seems to take f-o-r-e-v-e-r and never really gets clean.  So one day while picking up again, another paint tray at Lowes I found this baby.  And it was like a dream come true.

Check this out: 





Is that not amazing!?!  
I know, I need to get a life;).

So you paint.  And you let the paint just dry up in the tray.
Then you peel it off.  It's quite fun.  My kids love to do it too.
If any little bits remain, just a quick wash in the sink and they're gone.
No mess.  No hassle.  No waste.
This is the 4th time I've used this sucker.
(But yes, I bought another, just in case.)

It is coated with Teflon, but we're not eating out of it, so no harm, right?


Wondering what I was painting?  Nothing too exciting, but I'll share soon.


4 happy thoughts:

Sara said...

Awesome. I need to remember this for when we buy a house and I can actually paint it!!!

Dunbabin said...

That's awesome! I love it.

Felton Family said...

Sooooo Neat! I love it. I love checking your blog too, you always have fantastic ideas:) Happy Thanksgiving and Merry Christmas too your family. I sure miss this time of year in Colorado:) Enjoy your weather for me:)

Kim said...

Where has this been all my life! How many times have I had to clean a paint tray?!!! If it wasn't Thanksgiving day, I would already be in the car! That is AWESOME! I'm in love!