7.19.2009

28 at 28

So another birthday.

Instead of boring you all with how 28 doesn't seem old and how I don't really feel old, but the idea of being 28 is just so, well, old, I've decided to do a list. A list of 28 things. 28 random things I've learned, I love, I hate, I want, I wish, I know, whatever. Just a list of 28 things.

1. I hate mushrooms. As much as I wish I liked them and as much as I've tried to like them, I just don't.
2. I love cheese.
3. I'm a perfectionist.
4. I'm a procrastinator.
5. I'm indecisive. All 3 make for a very bad combo...
6. I daydream about how to make my house perfect, complete with pushing out walls, replacing baseboards and new furniture.
7. I also daydream about designing and building the perfect home.
8. I love to shop for my kiddos clothes. And as I've gotten smaller, I enjoy my own clothes shopping a little bit more.
9. I know that Heavenly Father loves me. And knows me, better than I know myself.
10. I know that life doesn't always go the way we want it to. Or think it should. Sometimes it's better.
11. I love babies.
12. I really love my own babies.
13. I've come to appreciate my curly hair.
14. I want to become a great sewer.
15. I will finish my nutrition degree. Someday.
16. I want to run again. And do yoga. And pilates.
17. I see alot of my mother in myself. And my dad.
18. I know that times gets faster with each passing year.
19. I am a night owl. Mornings are rough.
20. I am a homebody.
21. I wish I wasn't so shy and timid. Although I'm getting better.
22. I struggle with the idea of makeup. And I struggle with the idea that I really need it now.
23. I still love to watch Friends re-runs. And watch them often.
24. I know that my Savior lives.
25. I know that I am blessed. Blessed beyond reason.
26. I pray daily for happy thoughts. Verses fearful ones.
27. I love to swim.
28. I love my husband more, and differently, than I ever thought I would.

14 happy thoughts:

Kim said...

cute idea. Happy Birthday!

Katielin317 said...

Happy happy birthday, Kelsey!! And thanks for your sweet comments! I love your idea of 28 at 28...I may have to steal...in March, and mine will be 26 at 26...ANYWAY, thanks again for the blogging tips. HaPpy BiRThdaY!!!

Katielin317 said...

By the way...I gathered from a previous post that your little man is...well...little? Kai is too. It makes me crazy. I can't seem to stuff enough food in him.

Tamara said...

Happy Birthday, and 28 is YOUNG! Wait til you're in your mid-30's....

I think the word is "seamstress" not sewer...because that's, well...a SEWER, ya know? Like the stinky place beneath the streets that all goes to a treatment plant...? Love ya!

kelsey said...

Ha Ha! I thought "sewer" sounded funny...that's how little I know about sewing...;)

So yes, I want to be a great seamstress.

Jennifer said...

Happy Birthday!!! Hoping it was a great day..Its funny you always comment how alike we are when I post my blogs and I feel the exact same way. I have to say I agreed with you on most of your stuff..Some kind of impossible..ha ha..as I don't have curly hair. I also thought you said SEWER...as in down under..and not semstress..ha ha..I just had to say ok..I'm sure it has meaning!!
Happy Birthday!!

Ashli Dardenne said...

Happy Birthday!!! I hope you had a GREAT day. I love your #20. I'm a homebody too. I LOVE LOVE LOVE to just stay home and do whatever.

christy said...

happy birthday, i think i missed telling you that on facebook. anyway great list, i don't use my nutrition degree much so don't worry about yours any time soon, not while your kids are so little anyway.

Unknown said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY! I hate to say it, but I'm 10 years older than you, so don't worry . . . 28 is YOUNG!

Koenig Family Blog said...

Happy Birthday Kelsey!!!

Amy said...

Very cute blog! I found you off of Becky Higgin's blog.

Happy blogging from one to another!
Amy

Our Family Happenings said...

Happy Birthday! I loved reading all of your 28 things...they were great and I would have to agree with a lot of them...although sewing...I don't think I want to do...I would rather just go shopping...however I think that is a lot more difficult with 3 than it was with 2!

MK said...

Happy Birthday my friend! We are so alike and I just adore you. You are an incredible person.

(ps. I just started doing Mary Kay, so if you want help with the Makeup thing I can help.)

Mandi Buchanan said...

Thanks for making contact on my blog! You seem so fun, I really enjoyed this post. We are who we are - right?!